Led by 2nd degree black belt and Blauer Tactical Systems Certified Personal Defense Readiness (PDR) coach, Dan Miller, the Burg Fitness Personal Defense™ Clinic is a reality-based self-defense system, effective at preparing you for the real world. It’s easy to learn regardless of your previous experience
The clinic is held over the course of a weekend (a Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday Morning). Each class will run between 2-3 hours, and will cover self-defense techniques including: situational awareness, striking, blocking, escapes, weapons defense, ground defense, and real life scenario training.
Unlike most self-defense systems that rely on strength, speed, and coordination, the techniques in the Burg Personal Defense program build upon the functional movements you’re already performing at the Burg Fitness studio. You’ll learn how to employ body position, technique, and timing, so regardless of age or athletic ability, you can make them work against larger opponents.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Each session will be broken into several segments focusing on the psychology and motivation of attackers, primal responses to threatening situations, stances, kicks, strikes, blocks, immobilization techniques and technical self-defense skills, and then application of those skills in real life scenarios. Each session will review and build upon previous sessions.
In addition to technical self-defense skills, we will work on situational awareness, self-confidence, and “finding your voice."
Three (3) - two to three hour classes as follows:
- Friday, June 22nd - from 6-8pm
- Saturday, June 23rd - from 2-5pm
- Sunday, June 24th-from 12pm-3pm
* Please arrive 15 minutes before class time. All classes are conducted in athletic clothes.
WHERE: BURG FITNESS - 227 14TH STREET NORTH, ST. PETERSBURG, FL 33705
- Learn how to leverage Blauer Tactical Systems SPEAR methodology
- Three Day reality personal defense training
- Recognition and development of your primal responses to a violent attack
- Self-confidence in real-world situations and in defending yourself
- Situational Awareness to avoid becoming a victim
- Blocks, Strikes and immobilization holds
- How to strike vulnerable attacker targets (head, face, throat, groin, etc.)
- Official Burg Fitness Self-Defense Graduation Certificate
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT COACH DAN:
- Call or Text: 941-544-2686